Sunday, June 18, 2006

Hiking the AT

About two weeks back, I had my first opportunity to hike the Appalachian Trail and it was amazing. The trail wandered through the woods of Maryland, past a small pond, along a country road, and ended at a farm with some really delicious ice cream.
I had a passenger for 4 of the six miles that I walked. Little Bee sat on my pack, and settled in for a ride until we stopped for lunch. Can you see her on my pack's handle?

I was surprised and pleased by how many white blazes there were along the trail, and it gave me great confidence that perhaps, despite my desperate inability to read a topographic map, I could handle the walk. Austin and I are pouring over the guide book, ready to try out our first overnight excursion.

Who needs tents, proper packs, or sleeping bags? Details. All I need is to be sure to fix my digital camera, so I can bring it along on my next wandering in the woods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home